Introduction to Epistles 1
Epistles I is a survey of the following Pauline Epistles: I & II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, and Colossians.
Paul completed at least three missionary journeys:
- (A.D. 46-49) Journey to Galatia - Acts 13-14
- (A.D. 50-52) Journey to Greece - Acts 15-18
- (A.D. 53-58) Journey to Asia and Greece - Acts 18-21
Paul wrote Epistles for churches he had help establish or visited during his missionary journeys.
The Pauline epistles can be ordered as following:
- (A.D. 50-51) 1 & 2 Thessalonians
- (~A.D. 50-56) Galatians
- (A.D. 56) 1 & 2 Corinthians
- (A.D. 57-58) Romans
- (A.D. 60-62) Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon ; during 2 year captivity in Rome
- (~A.D. 65) 1 & 2 Timothy
- (~A.D. 63-66) Titus and Hebrews
- (~A.D. 65-67) Traditionally, Paul was beheaded in Rome